Prospective trainees must take note of the following important dates:
1. Applications close 14 May 2021.
2. Acceptance letters and finalization of new intake numbers 21 June 2021.
We will not under any circumstances consider late applications. Therefore, the earlier you submit your application, the better.
We hereby invite suitable applicants for admission for a next round of training for sixteen young Namibians who have hospitality at their heart. The basis is an eleven- month Level 2 “Accommodation and Food & Beverage Services” Qualification (Q0276). Upon successful completion you continue with your 18-month Level 3 programme, either in the field of Food & Beverage Services (Q0010) or Commercial Cookery (Q0011).
Theory and practical training happens at Wolwedans (except for internships during your final year), and hence trainees must be prepared to stay in the desert for ten consecutive weeks at a time, with two week breaks in between, and longer summer holidays. Transport to/from Windhoek to Wolwedans as well as board and lodging will be provided as part of the course.
- Minimum: Pass in Grade 10 (preferably Grade 12)
- English proficiency with adequate communication skills (speak | read | write)
- Basic numerical skills (otherwise you will not make it)
- Applicantions are open to individuals 18 – 24 years of age
- Positive attitude and a friendly outgoing personality
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- Candidates who meet the above admission criteria
- Unemployed Namibian Youth with “fire in their belly” and the burning desire to grab this opportunity and advance themselves in life
- Youth from socio economically disadvantaged backgrounds with emphasis on the Hardap region
- People with disabilities, and from marginalised communities are encouraged to apply and will be given first preference provided they meet all other admission requirements.
Please note: If you don’t fit the above criteria, you are still welcome to apply as there will be four additional ‘seats’ for trainees who can afford to pay a monthly training fee.
Which documents must accompany my application?
- A handwritten motivation letter not exceeding one page (why you?)
- A Detailed CV including current residential adress
- A Copy of ID/Passport or other official form of identification
- A Certified Copy of Educational Qualifications
- A working and reachable mobile phone number where you can be contacted for an initial telephonic interview
Please note: Applications failing to submit 1-5 as per above (esp. with regards to handwritten letter of motivation, which can also be sent as photo or pdf) will not be considered.
Take Note: A once-off NAD 200 fee is payable upon admission. Decent hostel accommodation as well as food vouchers for the Wolwedans Canteen are available for all sponsored trainees. A tug shop sells daily necessities.
For more information on Desert Academy go to:
Please submit your application (entailing 1-5 above, so take a photo of your letter if need be) by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also deliver by hand to our office at:
No. 2 Mozart St, Corner Hosea Kutako St, Windhoek, or send by Nampost addressed to: Wolwedans Foundation | Desert Academy Recruitment | P.O. Box 5048 | Windhoek | Namibia
CLOSING DATE: Friday 14 May 2021
(no late applications will be considered)
Studying in a pristine natural environment off the beaten track at Wolwedans, you can focus on what matters most – your education. Doing so without any survival worries and literally free of charge (incl. free board and lodging for 30 months) thanks to the Social Security Commission Development Fund is really is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and a special privilege. We look forward to receiving your application. Only serious candidates will be considered.
Please click on the link below to download the application form.